I have been MIA as usual..well what to say, its been busy with studying for the lims, and the whole panic and losing things..man o man..its been quite nuts! Currently am sort of lounging around..not wanting to study..hence the blogging.
So today, PU(2)..there is a reason for the two..she knows it 😀 . Posted a list of things a girl wants/should have and I was sort of a contribbutor to that..you can look at it here. Some things are personal to me, so I wil elaborate here.
1. Shoes: If you know me, need I say more? IS there anything more awesome than a sexy pair of shoes? It would be nice if I could find comfortable ones, but that I think is a privelege for those with either wide all over or skinny all over feet. Mine are too broad in the front and narrow in the heel to fit anything very very well. Plus they are small..like an american size 51/2 and desi, 4. Sucks to see them and never wear em..good for the wallet though!
2. Perfume: PU mentioned it..I love the musky ones. Am not floral. I dont look floral, I dont do florals. I am forever confused by the signature perfume thingy versus switching around. Since not too many call my name..its mostly signature smell by default!
3. RED: anything red…I love red, be it shoes, shirts, in my glasses…there is a hint of red. Me likey a splash of color. Anything benefits with a splash of color, my choice is usually red.
4. Sexy earrings, rings, necklaces: hot jwellery always!
5. Jeans that fit: when I find one, I will let you know.
Things aside, some essentials every woman needs:
1. Self confidence: to believe in herself and put herself out there…go babe go!
2. self esteem: to take over the world..( I can get technical here with self efficacy..but esteem will suffice)
3. self respect: to know that decisions are right for herself and owned by her and no one else. Everything you do, do it so that you can respect yourself. Dont do it if it doesnt fit with who you believe yourself to be.
4. Positive self image. I can’t say I am walking the talk here, I love me. I always did, inspite of people constantly telling me I was fat. Well I was, I lost it. So now I am mostly ok by american standards but not by Indian standards..which means Americans think I look good and Indians..still fat. Therefore I veer between feeling good and feeling anxious. But mostly good..Umm I can do pushups you know and pullups (on a good day)..how many skinny Indian girls can do those?
5. Courage to be yourself: to not fit into boxes defined for you by society, to be the androgynous person you are, or the totally girly airhead or even the secretly bicep-flexing brawn babe. Can we be ourselves..specially if you are Indian without having to confim too much? Still hold on to the core?
That was my spiel. As for the year past recap..maybe next week? If I can think of what I did this year! Till then..whats your essentials?